Monday, October 22, 2007

13.1

Friday night I drove down to my mom's in the pouring rain. It was a pretty low key night and I was in bed relatively early. We were up early Saturday morning and on the road to Vancouver by 8am. I am a terrible passenger. The drive seemed way to long. Luckily we stopped for coffee about halfway.

I am in love with Vancouver and Portland. The downtown Vancouver area is adorable. And I love shopping in Portland. We didn't get to any downtown due to the rain still coming down in sheets, but we spend a couple hours in Lloyd Center and then headed over to Klackamas Town Center. Um, I have a tendency to not use my words when I'm the passenger. My mom and I were looking for our exit and suddenly out of lane and all that comes out of my mouth is "pbahgreet!" That is not so useful for anyone. Anyway, I picked up some really great stuff. Some of it I was planning on buying, most of it, I was not.

Sunday morning. The half marathon started at 9am, and we wanted to be there about 8:15. Luckily the hotel was only about a three block walk to the start. We woke up around 7 and my mom asks me if I got hurt during the night. Apparently I cried out in pain a couple times. I can't recall at all what I was dreaming about. Maybe she dreamt it. Although, I've been told that I sometimes do talk in my sleep. Hmmm. Anyway, it was unexpectedly warm and completely dry for the entire 13.1 miles. Hooray!!! I kept my pace slow and stuck with mom the entire time. Although I found myself jumping around like an idiot trying to get my legs moving a bit and less pain. At the finish line, I got behind mom and pushed her across. And then we were in front of the gorgeous Vancouver fire fighters. Holy heck. You don't see them like that in Seattle! Or Bothell. Or Lynnwood. Or anywhere around here for that matter.

So, we finally make it back to my mom's around 5pm. I take a quick shower, eat some dinner and head home- finally making it back there around 7.

No comments: