Friday, September 28, 2007

addictive

I think I have what could be described as an addictive personality. How else could you explain my insane adoration for anything chocolate. Or my sudden and obsessive love of running, especially in the rain. Yes, I cling onto things and have a hard time letting go.

This is why, when I decide that something should no longer be part of my life- chocolate, clothes, boys- I must get rid of it quickly and completely. No joke. For the fun year of 2005 I decided to give up chocolate. Cold turkey. Much to the surprise of everyone who has ever met me, I made it the entire year. That was the same year I fell in love with triathlons. During that summer, I thought it would be good to also give up candy, cookies (except for after a race), cake, pie, ice cream, donuts. You name it, I didn't eat it. And then, that fall I decided to train for a marathon and I quit drinking and eating pizza. Hmm, what the hell did I eat??

Anyway, I think it is that time again. I figure posting this endeavor on my blog is the best way to keep me from cheating. From this day forward..... I am not eating candy. (And Halloween so close!!!) No Snickers, no Butterfingers, Twix, Starburst, Peanutbutter cups, Jolly Ranchers, 3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Baby Ruth, Take 5, Rolos, Sour Patch Kids....I could go on forever. This is just the beginning. Cold turkey, but I have to start small.

This is my world... and there's no candy in it.

1 comment:

I Am Joram said...

Is this because of the Britney comment? It's a joke, I mean look at me, we're practicly the same siz...hmmm, hi, hello!