It's Sunday the 28th. The last time I slept in my bed was Friday the 19th. I'm tired. I left for FL last sunday the 21st, but of course spent the night before at my mom's for a quicker trip to the airport. After a long day of flying I found myself in muggy Palm Beach exhausted and nervous for the meetings ahead.
Needless to say, I haven't run (only once) in almost two weeks now. And with the slow way my tatoo is healing, I might not make it out there for a few more days.
But, Palm Beach was a blast. Loooong meetings, but in the evenings fun with coworkers. I work with a really great group of people. Even if I did earn myself the names "Gigantor" "Giraffe" and "Redwood" I think I like Redwood almost as much as Marathon- which is what a lot of my WA peeps call me.
Overall, not a super eventful trip. I've spent a lot of time at airports. Although, I did get attacked by a rogue flying lizard my third night in FL. I'm glad I wasn't alone when it happened, because none of the people that live there believed me! There I was, walking into a restaurant with a friend, minding my own business when out of nowhere I feel something land on my head! I turn to him "Alan! Did I just get pooped on by a bird?? There's something in my hair!!" and I reach up to feel, but it's dry. He can't see anything. So i try to grab it thinking it's something fallen from the trees. Pine cone? This isn't home! I shook my head and something falls just in front of my right foot-- and then scampers off. "OHMYGOD!!! That was a lizard!!" At which point I scream like little girls and freak out, much to Alan's enjoyment. But, really, that was probably the most out of the ordinary thing that happened to me the entire week.
Seriously though. A lizard. Aren't they supposed to be on the ground? At least the time a bird flew into my head it was more expected. Birds fly. Lizards don't. Or shouldn't.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment