Saturday morning roomie and I went for a long run. A seriously long run. My plan was 17, his was 19, so I was just going to stop at my turnaround point and stretch and walk and meet back up with him so I'd do a little over 17. Well, we missed my mark so I wound up doing about 18 instead. Oh well.
I was amazed that I felt as good as I did at the end and recovered as well too. The furthest I'd run since Ironman (end of June) was probably about 7 or 8 miles- so making that big jump I was worried about all sorts of issues. I guess I've kept in better shape than I thought.
We ran around doing some shopping- I will never find the perfect jeans! And then headed to out to a couple bars with some girlfriends from work. Good times! I actually had a couple different random guys buy me a beer! That never happens to me! Then, out of nowhere, at the second bar, I started feeling like I was suffocating and was about to start crying. I had to leave. Now. So I grabbed roomie's keys and a cab and took off. I felt bad for bailing so quickly, but I figured if I told them I was leaving they'd either try to talk me into staying or leave with me and I didn't want to spoil their fun- so I texted from the cab. Probably not my wisest move, but I was definitely sober and thinking straight. I don't know what came over me but it was really disturbing. My mind has been in some serious turmoil for about a week and a half now. I actually didn't even go to work yesterday. I felt like I'd been beat down when I woke up so I stayed at home and watched movies. It was lovely.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment