Thursday, August 28, 2008

Boxed in...

A week ago I came home and there was a note that our balconies were going to be replaced/painted etc and that all items needed to be removed. Of course, the only place we have for storing anything is inside our apartment. More precisely, in our living room. We already have four bikes in the dining room and hallway. Yes, three of them are mine… But now we have a charcoal bbq grill, more plants, bags of potting soil and deck chairs creating a maze of confusement through our downstairs area. And across our sliding glass door is bright orange construction netting reminding us not to step outside. This has been for a week now!!!

At work, they’ve been powerwashing and repainting the buildings for a couple weeks. Two days ago they covered most of our windows with an plastic that lets some light in, but blocks the view. Today they covered more of the windows. I can no longer see outside. I need to see outside. I know it doesn’t really matter what’s going on out there since I’m stuck in here, but it’s that feeling of almost being trapped with no access to the outside world.

I’m on edge.

1 comment:

I Am Joram said...

Someone misses their roommate! Tee hee!