Tuesday, August 19, 2008

season off...

but not off-season. I don't really get any downtime this year. I took a few days between tri season and marathon training last fall. Soo... I took some time off in early 2006 when I had a stress fracture, but then went right back to triathlon training and season- all the way through September. In September I started marathon training, ran the marathon in Feb 2007 and went right to triathlon training. That season went from April through September, when I started marathon training again. I ran the marathon in February '08 and took a couple weeks easy in March when I got in a car accident. But I was still getting ready for Ironman. Now, here it is, the end of August and I've started marathon training and triathlon season isn't even over yet. I think I need to take about four or five days off from running/swimming/biking, but maybe not weights very soon. I'm so tired and I'm picking up small but weird nagging issues. My knee has a dull ache, my foot feels like it needs to be popped, my shoulder is heavy and dead... and I'm chaffing and blistering like no other!!

No comments: