Monday, March 10, 2008

giving in

I thought I could do it. Last week my neck and back were sore, I really thought that would go away with a couple good nights sleep and some muscle relaxers. And it started to. But Saturday morning I went for an easy swim. Sooo easy- only about 1,000 meters- that's nothing really. On my drive to my Mom's my back started hurting so back I thought I would cry. I gave in and took a vicodin. Then on Sunday afternoon I went for an easy 80 minute bike ride. I kept a pretty slow pace and tried to stay out of aero position too much and my neck was having a hard time at that angle. That never bothers me! Usually my mind is on my butt. I gave in again and took another vicodin. So, about 1.5 a day. This morning I thought "okay, back to work, this isn't hard- but about an hour into the day I had to take half. And another hour or so later I took the second half. And now, I've been sitting in this chair for 8.25 hours and the back of my neck is so tight and it's a strain to turn my head as far as I normally could. It doesn't hurt to do so, I just have to practically force it. I gave in and called a physical therapist. I hate admitting defeat. I guess it's not really defeat, but still, just another thing to suck my time. Luckily I have Wednesday off from the gym this week, so I could squeeze it in without losing a workout. I can't afford to lose workouts right now!

No comments: