Saturday, December 22, 2007

thoughts on my mind....

for no apparent reason, lately my cat has been flipping out and biting me and my roommate. He'll be completely fine and then out of nowhere clamp down on my hand or arm and it hurts like hell. Two seconds later he seems to be back to normal. Or, as normal as he ever started out. He's staring at me from the end of my bed right now as if he knows I'm writing about him. I'll think he'll bite me later to prove a point.


My foot hurts. Again. The pain was completely gone over a week ago. I started back on my normal training program this week. 5 mile run Tuesday, 8 miles Wednesday, 5 miles today. I'm planning on 13 tomorrow. But I guess that's really up to the running gods. I feel like I can't catch a break lately. I almost wish I could skip the marathon and just spend time swimming and biking for the next six weeks. I don't enjoy running right now. I think it's just because of the oddities I'm having recently. And the pain from being "new" to running again. My knees killed me after my 5 miles on Tuesday. You would have thought I'd never run before. I guess I only have myself to blame. I should be icing several times a day, I can barely remind myself to do it a couple times a week.

Resolutions. New Year's is almost here and I've started to think about what I want to change in my life. My roomie has already started his "why wait?" he says. I agree. But right now I have no clear cut idea of what exactly I want to accomplish by changing something, so I need to mull over that and then come up with a game plan. Like--- giving up chocolate. This might not be a good idea, a lot of protein and energy bars are chocolate flavored/covered and I have a feeling this will become more of a staple in my training diet over the next couple months. However, I definitely know I need to cut out some of the crap. If I ate like an average person, I'd be in amazing shape. Instead I eat with glutton filled guilt as I pack away a dozen brownies at a time.

Just some things to think about. Oh, and dating. That's on my mind too. But who has time to sit and read my confusing twisted thoughts on that? I don't really have time to think them.

No comments: