not terribly much has been going on in the last couple of weeks. i spent five long days in my "hometown" at my mom's house.
Day 1- I visited her first grade classroom, where I was hugged by nearly every munchkin there, and the topic of conversation among many as well "wow, she's tall!" Afterwards mom and i went to IHOP for yummy pancakes and a variety of breakfast meat. mmmm.
Day 2 (Thanksgiving) Drove up to Green Lake for mom to meet her 'walking group' I chose to run around the lake a couple times instead. However, I was still battling a gross cold and the freezing temperature was not friendly to my lungs. Mom had a couple friends over for the big dinner and I simply helped out by being server and busboy. It was actually a lot of fun though, I don't think we've ever spent so much time at the table.
Day 3- Mom and I headed into Seattle after breakfast for the Expo. Mom bought my Christmas present. A new pair of running tights that I have dubbed my "spidey pants" They're compression tights with web technology that supports the muscles around the knee, etc. Very cool. Leftovers for dinner and then to the gym for a brief workout.
Day 4- Mom and I headed to an early movie. I'm talking 11am. We saw Enchanted- so adorable. Of course, some more shopping and lunch at Panera. Delish!! Watched too much tv that evening and ate too many cookies. Early to bed for the coming day
Day 5- The morning of the Seattle Half Marathon. It was quite chilly, but we make it into town before 7am for the 7:30 start time. Plenty of time to stretch, hit the honey bucket, and 'warm up'. My whole goal for the day was to just finished. I hadn't run much the previous week and that darn cold was still hanging on. The weather turned out fabulous. I kept noticing that my time seemed faster than I thought it should be, but I was nervous for the second half- the hills. Well, when I hit the hills, I was feeling amazing, so I just took off. I finished well ahead of the goal that I had previously set. Yay! Except for after I put on drier clothes, I noticed that my left foot was killing me. I could barely walk.
So, here it is, three days after the run, and my foot is still killing me. I must have bruised the arch stepping onto a curb or something. Whatever I did, it's not fun! I just want to run!
So, I think that was my last event of the year. There's a couple 5k's that could be fun, but I've got that pesky 26.2 mile run in ten and a half weeks... and still a plane ticket to pay for.
I think I get to start having a life again though!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment